Learn to code by building a real, interactive robot!
How To Make A Robot is a course that takes you from zero knowledge in coding and electronics to building your own interactive robot. Learn the beginner-friendly programming language, Python, through 10 step-by-step modules.
The course includes a kit with all the parts you need for your starter robot project, and all necessary software pre-installed. You will also get step-by-step guides and explanations in both text and video form.
That way, you can skip all the guesswork and headache of buying parts from 10 different vendors and installing software that you don’t completely understand, and get straight to learning!
And we’ll help you every step of the way. You’ll get an exclusive invitation to our Discord server, where you can meet and interact with other learners and get support whenever you need it directly from the makers of the course.
The robot kit that comes with the course is based around the Raspberry PiTM computer, which was developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the learning of computer science. It is a very versatile platform with many applications, and this course will provide beginner learners the stepping stone to start creating their own technology with this device. Recommended for ages 12+.
You will learn:
- Basics of coding in Python, currently the highest in-demand programming language in the world
- How to use a Raspberry Pi, a popular platform for technology projects and 3rd best selling computer of all time
- How to use and control basic electronics, motors, and sensors
- How to solve and design simple coding algorithms
- How to build and program an interactive robot from scratch!
This course includes:
- Robot Building Kit
- Raspberry Pi 3B+
- 8GB QPI microSD card with preloaded OS, enables wireless connectivity to Raspberry Pi via WiFi
- 10 written modules
- 36 course videos
- Built-in Python coding interface, Thonny IDE
- Access to our private course chat in our Discord community
- Access to 1-on-1 support
- Laptop or Chromebook or Desktop computer with WiFi enabled
- VNC Viewer (free software, we will help you install this. Also available as a free Chrome Extension for Chrome browser/Chromebook users)
- Although no prior computer science knowledge required, participants should be proficient in Math and English at the 5th grade level
What's in the kit?
- How to Make a Robot: Intro Course Book
- Access to online video library
- Access to Python coding templates
- Includes optional Boxie body cuttable templates
- One (1) Raspberry Pi 3, Model B+ Wireless Base Kit (pre-assembled)
- Single-board computer with wireless LAN and Bluetooth connectivity
- Portable power bank (5V/2.1A output, 6000 mAh)
- One (1) 8GB MicroSD Card with pre-installed RaspbianOS & wireless connectivity capability
- Clear case
- Electronic Components
- Three (3) LEDs - 10mm
- Five (5) Resistors - 220 ohm
- Ten (10) Female-to-Female jumper wires
- Ten (10) Male-to-Male jumper wires
- Ten (10) Male-to-Female jumper wires
- One (1) Ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04
- One (1) H-Bridge L298N
- Robot Building Kit
- Three (3) Metal chassis pieces
- Two (2) DC gear motors
- Two (2) Plastic wheels with rubber track
- Four (4) Long screws
- Ten (10) Short screws
- Five (5) Hex nuts
- Five (5) Brass standoffs
- One (1) Roll of electrical tape
- One (1) 4-in-1 screwdriver